On our way to the other mine, we saw a small trash pile and stopped. We saw a full size rail spike, industrial type light fixture, miscellaneous cable pieces and hardware. Down the hillside we saw a 50 gallon barrel and a wooden spool with some cable still wrapped around it. Based on the size of this mine, it’s surprising we were unable to identify it. It is located in the southern end of the Nopah Range, east of the War Eagle. The survey marker we found down the hillside was marked A.C.M. The Anaconda Copper Mining Company operated the Tecopa mines between 1947 and 1957.
We did not find a camp dump in the area.