On our hike to the Ironside mine, we passed a few desert big horn sheep.
The Ironside claim was originally located in 1892, and abandoned four times. William Jolly began the only workings of the mine in 1916. He worked until he left for WWI. The mine closed in 1918.
The main tunnel is 110 feet long. There are three levels below at 50, 80 and 135 feet. The longest is only 60 feet.
With the dry desert, most lumber in shafts remain in good condition.